Monday 20 May 2013

Dancing Adders




Most of you probably already know how much I love watching our adders dance... it is a beautiful thing, and although this year they have been a little on and off due to the weather, I finally managed to get a few photos and a bit of video of their 2013 dancing.

Three weekends on the trot now, many of our visitors have witnessed our adders dancing. We even had a lucky photo group in a week ago who we managed to get up to the enclosure just as the males were in the height of their action for that day!

This "iffy" weather has helped stretch out how long they are dancing for in terms of weeks, and I wouldn't be surprised if they are still going for it this coming weekend.

For those who haven't seen this behaviour before, or just want to know more about it, check out the video above where I explain this "dance" and why they do it.





Above are a couple of photos from just over a week ago, for my favourite photo of the dance have a look at my photo blog with some more information on how I took it. (just click on the pic of me to the right with a squirrel on my shoulder)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.