Thursday 14 July 2011

New Little Owl, "Scrappy"


This morning I picked up a new member for our flying team. The hard work has been done on this one for me, she is already a friendly owl which is very happy to be around people and has flown for many displays in the past.

"Scrappy" has come to us from the Warren Hill Raptor Project in Suffolk. She is a two year old little owl and already has become a huge hit with the keepers and other staff at the Centre. I am taking her under my wing for a few days while she settles down to her new life here at the BWC. She will be housed off display with our other flying owls, but will be out and about this weekend to say hello to everyone.

I hope to debut her in the owl display the following weekend, once she has settled to her new routine and the Dell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.